Sunday, January 11, 2009

Interesting Blog I found on Branding

Why Are You Loyal
December 9th, 2008
What makes you loyal to a brand? Is there real loyalty anymore? Does perception play a role in your decision making process?

I won’t buy an American made car. Period. Why? A lifetime of bad experiences mostly. I don’t even give them an opportunity to sell to me anymore. Perception.

I’ll only buy Crest Toothpaste. Why? It’s what I was raised on. I won’t switch. I never look at the price, price does not and will never matter to me. Perception?

I only buy Gillette products. Why? Because they are the shaving leader. I buy products that shave my face, presto they work. But I don’t buy the newer products from Gillette, just the good ole Sensor.

I’ll buy gas from any gas station no matter what the brand is.

I don’t drink Starbucks Coffee because it doesn’t taste good to me. And even though they are “cooler” than Dunkin Donuts It doesn’t make the coffee taste any better.

Here’s what I know.

Superior product/service + Brand Promise = Loyalty

I think it can really be broken down that easily. Your product/service has to be able to deliver what you promise. If it does you can capture brand loyalty. But if either are out of whack you’ll have no chance.

What say you kahunas?

No comments: